Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monsanto's Adventure Thru Inner Space

I've always loved classic Disneyland and one of my favorite attractions of yesteryear was Adventure Thru Inner Space. Located where Star Tours is now, ATIS "shrunk" its riders in their Atomobiles in order to discover the secrets of inner space. It opened in 1967 with the revamping of Tomorrowland and closed in 1985. I was fortunate to ride it the last year it was open. It was my first visit to the park and as a 15 year old kid, I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. I wish I would have had more chances to experience this great attraction. The wonderful classic Disneyland site Yesterland has more info about the attraction. Also check out the very cool ride through project video. It's incredible. I wish I had more stuff from ATIS but the cool postcard above will have to do for now. It's one of my favorite DL postcards. I liked it so much I made it my blog background. Adventure Thru Inner Space, a Disney treasure that is definitely missed.

No comments: