Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Joe Namath The King Of Football



One of the cool things about working at a library is coming across great old kids books like this beauty from 1974. Joe Namath was one of my favorite players when I was a kid and it wouldn't have surprised if I had read this. I read so many books back then that I can't remember for sure. Written by James T. Olsen (no, not Superman's pal) and illustrated by Montie Salmela, it has a lot of great football action art showcasing Joe Willie's prowess on the gridiron.









This cool book also shows Broadway Joe doing what he did best, being cool, especially with the ladies. Obviously I wasn't as aware of this aspect of him when I was a kid.





I had a blast reading this 70's gem. They don't make kids books like this anymore.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Now you need to find the Jets book on Flash Gordon from 1980!