Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy 25th Anniversary Live Aid



Today marks the 25th anniversary of quite possibly the seminal music moment of my teenage years. Live Aid brought together a huge group of artists to bring support for the starving people of Africa. I remember being glued to MTV that day to watch all the festivities from London and Philadelphia. The artist roster was a who's who of 80's superstars.



I enjoyed most of it but the highlights for me then and now were the epic performances of U2 and Queen. In fact, I think U2's greatest moment was their awesome 12+ minute version of Bad. They were just awesome that day. Here's that magical moment courtesy of Youtube user dermoreilly.



Many people consider Queen's set the highlight of the whole day and who am I to argue? Here are the first two songs courtesy of Oberon 1966.



The crowd reaction during Radio Ga Ga is just mind blowing. They were just fantastic and this cemented my love of this great band. I can't believe it's been 25 years. I'll have to break out the DVD tonight and relive this great concert moment.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Wow, 25 years! I think I'll do the same and watch my DVD. I haven't watched it since it came out.