Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kelloff's Movie Manor Motel Postcard



I recently found a postcard I had been looking for for quite a while. The Best Western Kelloff's Movie Manor Motel in Monte Vista, CO combined two of my favorite things, roadside motels and drive-in theaters. How awesome would it be to watch a movie from your comfortable motel room?

The back of the postcard says it all. MOVIES FROM YOUR ROOM-FREE TV & FM MUSIC-Children's Playground-Phones-Electric Heat-Academy Award Dining Room-Comedy Lounge-Coffee Shop. Private airport with two runways 5000 ft and 3400 ft. Refrigerated air conditioning. Overnight campground.

So the next time I feel like going to the drive-in to see some stand up comedy, I'll use my Doc Brown time machine to go back in time and fly my new fangled jet out to Colorado so I could park next to this fabulous motel and catch a flick at the drive-in movie manor.

2 comments:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Hello Mike,
I just came across your blog as I was preparing for the next Festival of Postcards. If you'd like to take part in the next issue you can go here
http://acanadianfamily.com/a-festival-of-postcards/for information, or here
http://acanadianfamily.com/2009/05/25/a-festival-of-postcards-premiere-edition-wheels/to see the last issue (Wheels.
either way - happy postcarding!

Todd Franklin said...

I would have loved staying at a motel with a drive-in.