Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl X

With the Super Bowl coming up tomorrow, I've been thinking about the first Super Bowl I remember watching as a kid. It was Super Bowl X in 1976 between the Cowboys and my favorite team at the time, the Pittsburgh Steelers. This was the year of the famous Lynn Swann catch and the cool Bicentennial patches each team wore. Thanks to the miracle of Youtube, the actual game broadcast can be seen again. Thanks to Youtube member WIICTVFAN for these fantastic links. The entire game is there in 19 parts but I'll just post the beginning where play by play man Pat Summerall introduces the starting lineups and the quintessential 1970's group Up With People sings the National Anthem.



The best part about this is the original commercials. What a fantastic post. I feel like I'm 10 again. Thanks WIICTVFAN.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Oh man that might be the coolest thing on YouTube. I remember watching this Super Bowl too!