Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grade School Carnival 1978

I recently found my grade school yearbooks. I loved grade school and thought that I had lost these great books forever. Every year we had a carnival where the whole school would get together and play games and have fun. They were usually around Halloween and a lot of people would dress up. In 1978, when I was in third grade, Star Wars was the thing and a lot of the teachers actually made costumes and were Star Wars characters for the carnival. It was great. We kids didn't care how cheesy the costumes were, it was cool seeing a representation of our favorite characters. I'm sure the teachers were real proud of these gems.







Actually this R2-D2 turned out pretty good.



I'm thrilled that this great childhood memory survived in pictures.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

I wish our school carnivals were this cool!