Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fisher's United Super 1978



I was hanging out the other day with my buddy Neato Coolville at the new Midwest Genealogy Center, the new library my employer Mid-Continent Public Library opened a few months ago. We were looking through old yearbooks for cool ads and related stuff from the 70's when I came across this ad for Fisher's United Super, the grocery store down the street from where I grew up. I used to walk down there all the time to buy baseball or Star Wars cards. Later in the 80's they always had at least a couple of the more popular video games. I spent hours there during the summers playing Ms. Pac-Man and Time Pilot. I was very happy to find this ad. It's still there relatively unchanged. It's now a Thriftway and I still try and stop in there when I'm in the area. The ad is from the 1978 Truman High School yearbook

2 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

Now you'll have to run over and take some modern photos of this store.

Just think Blue said...

Come on! I mean these car photos are great keep adding more See you soon!