Monday, August 25, 2008

Bruuuuuce!!!!!



I went and saw Bruce Springsteen and the mighty E Street Band last night and I am still feeling it. I've been a fan of Bruce's for quite some time and I was really looking forward to the show. After 3 hours and ten minutes of good old fashioned rock and roll, he definitely did not disappoint. The show started at 8:45 and ended at almost midnight. My wife had to get up and go to work so she's definitely feeling it this morning. I don't have to go to work until noon so I'm a little better. That's what three hours of standing and singing along will do to you! Although he didn't play any of my all time favorites (most of those were played the night before in St. Louis), it was still a great show with tremendous energy and a great crowd. The highlight of the show was Late Night With Conan O'Brien's own Mighty Max Weinberg's, Bruce's drummer for the last 34 years, debut on the mic. He sang a brief snippet of the Shirelles' song Boy, which was covered by the Beatles and sung by one of Max's idols Ringo Starr. Here's some shaky video of the momentous occasion.



This was my first concert at KC's new Sprint Center and overall it's a decent concert venue. The sound was pretty muddy where I was in the nosebleeds but it's a beautiful arena and an improvement over old Kemper Arena.




I had a great time last night and hope that Bruce and the boys (and girl) return on their next tour, whenever that is. Here's the Kansas City Star review and here's the setlist review page from Backstreets, the quintesential Springsteen site.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Glad you had a rockin' time!